Welcome to Downey AYSO Region 24. You have just volunteered
for one of the most important positions in the region. We wish
to thank you for the time and effort you have committed in order
to make this season enjoyable for your team.
Yearbook Dedication Update
- Yearbook dedications are due on: 10/19/14
- Pictures for division collages sheet are due on: 10/19/14
- Traveling team photos are due on: 10/19/14
- Sponsors are due on: 10/24/2014
Please submit the pictures to
Mayra Dominguez. Remember to put the information/dedication
on back of pictures. The pictures will be returned at the end
of the season and can be picked up at the information tent.
Fundraiser Schedule as follow:
- Fundraising Starts: 08/23/2014. Fundraiser packets
are to be distributed on opening day. If you did not
packet for your your team on opening day, please make
sure to visit the information tent on the following
scheduled game for your team.
- Orders and money are due: 09/20/2014
- Deliver/Distribute to All Divisions: 10/18/2014
- Time: 9am-2:30pm
- Location: Griffiths cafeteria
Q: What are my responsibilities?
The Team Manager is a crucial member of the team, offloading
many duties from the coach so he or she can focus on the players.
Although responsibilities may vary for each league, here are
some general guidelines to help you with this new position.
- Create a team roster to facilitate communication between
the coach and the parents.
- Create a snack schedule for the games. Half-time snacks
should be nutritious. Orange slices and bananas are great
snacks to keep the players’ energy going. Be sure to bring
a trash bag to pick up trash.
- Copying and distributing practice and
- Notify parents of their volunteer hours (check the website for weekly volunteer schedules).
- Communicate changes in practice time or location or
cancellation of games or practices. Some coaches may prefer
to do this rather than the team manager.
- Coordinating all aspects (forms, locations and times)
for Opening Day/Picture Day. Make sure to let each parent
know where and when Opening Day/Picture Day will take place,
and how to order picture packages. Make sure to designate
a location for the team to meet. Players should arrive in
full uniform, jerseys tucked in, and groomed. The team is
to line up tallest to shortest 20 minutes prior to assigned
- Coordinating a team gift for the coach at the end of
- Arrange an end-of-season party. It is important to celebrate
the team and each individual at the end of the season. This
could be held at a local pizza place, or even a picnic at
the field after the last game. Share the responsibilities
for this job. Ask parents to help with food and drinks.
Ask the coach to have a few encouraging words prepared to
say about each player and about the team.
- With all the responsibilities, remember to have fun,
enjoy the kids and get to know the other parents.
Q: What will I get in return?
- You will get to be part of the team.
- You will get the coaches' undying devotion.
- You may get a small gift at the end of the year.
- Your child will get to see a real role model in action.
It is important that we show our children that you don't
always do something in order to receive a reward.
Q: What kind of gift is the team expected to give to the
the coaches after the season?
- That varies from league to league but most coaches do
not expect anything of excessive value and would probably
be embarrassed if an expensive gift was given to them. A
sentimental or unique gift which reminds them of the team
is best. Some of the best gifts are: framed pictures of
the team, a ball, plaque or picture autographed by all the
team members, or a small trophy.
- There is no rule that the team parent must be a 'mom'.
There have been plenty of team dads in recent years who
have done a good job just as there have been plenty of female
coaches who have excelled in what was primarily a male coach's
role in the past.
- Stay organized. Be sure to have a calendar available
for team dates as parents will often call and ask for time
and dates of games or practices since they have lost their
- We highly recommend you familiarize yourself with the
Downey AYSO Region 24 website. The
website is updated on a regular basis with important information.
Make sure to frequent the website for updates. Know where
to get the information you are looking for and if you can
not find it, please contact the corresponding Downey AYSO
Staff Member. For a list of AYSO Region 24 Staff Members,
please click here.
To obtain a copy of the Team Manager Handbook,