Lineup Cards: How To Use Them (National Format)
National format lineup cards are often used during tournaments, inter-region play, and Fall/Spring season. There is a pdf template for filling in the front page of the lineup card which you then print on card stock or on regular paper.
Download a copy of the lineup card.
(Click the link or right click and select "Save Link As")
Before the game:
- Fill in region, age group, team number and game date.
- Fill in your team name and opponent name.
- Fill in your entire roster, ordered by jersey number.
- Write "sick" or "absent" next to player's name if they are not in attendance.
- Fill in game date and time.
- Fill in your team name and colors and opponent name and colors.
During the game:
- Use tally marks to records goals scored by each player. Use one column for each game half
- Record who is playing keeper with a "G"
- Record substitutes i.e. those not playing with an "X"
- Record the halftime score and who is winning
- Record any cautions or send offs
After the game:
- Write final score, winning team and losing team
- Sign the reverse side
- Record the playing conditions
- Write final score, winning team
- Print your name (each referee) and include team #
- Sign your name (each referee)